Heart disease remains the top killer of both men and women. Our cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons sub specialize in diseases of the heart, lungs and blood vessels, managing complex cardiac and vascular issues.
Our heart and vascular care teams can address a full range of heart and vascular conditions, through innovative treatments, including:
- Prescribing the right medications
- Cardiovascular device implantation and device management
- Advanced procedures (many available on a minimally invasive basis)
Conditions Diagnosed and Treated
- Aortic aneurysm
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Carotid artery disease
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Structural heart disease
In addition, our cardiovascular experts may offer guidance and comprehensive programs to help prevent heart disease, as well as a robust cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: A field of special interest in the care of patients with any pathologic conditions, within the subspecialty of cardiology, that involves intricate technical procedures to evaluate heart rhythms and determine appropriate treatment. Examples include: treatment of complex arrhythmias and the implantation and use of pacemakers and defibrillators. An additional 1-2 years of specialized training is required.
- Interventional Cardiology: An area of medicine within the subspecialty of cardiology, which uses specialized imaging and other diagnostic techniques to evaluate blood flow and pressure in the coronary arteries and chambers of the heart. Examples include: technical procedures and medications to treat abnormalities that impair the function of the heart.
- Invasive Cardiology: A field of special interest within the subspecialty of cardiology that performs diagnostic procedures for which puncture, opening, or cutting of the skin is necessary.
If you are having non-life threatening heart and vascular concerns, call to schedule an initial consultation with our easy scheduling system at our convenient location on Central Boulevard.
The Heart and Vascular Clinic
844 Central Blvd., Suite 170
Brownsville, TX 78521
P: (956) 698-5613
- Fadi Alfayoumi, M.D. – Cardiology: Invasive-Interventional