Sohum Desai, MD, FAANS
- Residency: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Medical School: Texas A&M University Health Science Center
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University Kingsville
About The Provider
Dr. Sohum Desai is a board certified neurosurgeon whose clinical focus involves the treatment of cranial and spinal conditions. He currently serves a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Dr. Desai grew up in Edinburg, Texas and obtained his bachelors of science in Biology at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas. He earned his medical degree with honors at Texas A&M University Health Science Center in College Station, Texas. Dr. Desai then completed his neurosurgical residency at University of Texas Medical Branch. Dr. Desai has published in peer-reviewed journals including Stroke, Neurosurgery, and the Journal of Neurosurgery.
- William R. Cheek award for outstanding performance on the Pediatric Neurosurgery service at Texas Children's Hospital
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Community Outreach
- Brain tumors
- Parkinson's Disease
- Various spinal conditions
Click here for research performed by Dr. Desai.
- Telesurgery surges to meet pandemic needs
- Texas hospital adds robotic imaging for complex spine procedures
- Making Things to Make You Well: A Visit to UTMB’s MakerHealth Space
- Health Making at the Vienna Biennale 2017