Francisco Salinas-Garza, MD
Board Certified - Family Medicine
675 E Expressway 83
Weslaco, TX 78599
Phone: (956) 246-4410
- Under Graduate: University of Texas at Austin
- Medical School: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine
- Internship: Sound Shore Medical Center New Rochelle, New York
- Residency: Family Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Science Center
Dr. Garza Salinas was born in Monterrey, Mexico and raised in the Rural South Texas town of Elsa. Even though he was a migrant worker throughout his life, he was able to become the first member of his family to attend and graduate from college. It was at the University of Texas at Austin where his dream of becoming a physician flourished, eventually attending the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine and completing training at New York Medical College. He completed his Family Medicine Residency at Texas Tech University Health Science Center in Odessa, Texas. With a strong family presence in the Rio Grande Valley, Dr. Garza Salinas enjoys spending time with family on his spare time and being active in the community.
Dr. Garza Salinas treats patients of all ages and has a special interest in diabetes, geriatric, and preventive medicine. He is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Philosophy of Care
My philosophy of Care is to deliver meaningful quality of care. I understand that Medicine can be complex, but I will focus on delivering an individualized and unique medical plan for every patient. I will dedicate time, effort, and my knowledge of medicine in order to provide and deliver the best quality of medicine possible for all my patients. I strive not only to become the best physician for my patients, but also to become a friend and mentor in the most needed life circumstances.
Conditions and Treatments
- Well visits
- Physicals – work, school, sports
- Women’s well visits – excluding obstetrics care
- Pain management
- Smoking cessation
- Sick visits
- Minor injuries
- Chronic conditions – COPD, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and more
- Skin irritations
- Wound care