Commitment to Quality
It is our mission at Valley Baptist Physician Network to deliver safe, cost-effective care to the community and patients we serve. We always strive to provide the best, and safest, medical care possible.
Our commitment to quality is designed to enhance the overall quality, control and productivity of our care delivery process. It allows us to focus on the constant improvement of quality of care – patient safety, nursing practice, medical staff governance and other important areas related to patient care.
Our commitment to quality consists of a comprehensive set of initiatives that address issues surrounding patient safety and reporting, physician excellence, nursing excellence and patient throughput.
Patient Safety & Reporting Results
- The Patient Safety & Reporting Results initiative is designed to leverage systems and management leadership to improve the safety of clinical care for patients and build programs to support the same. This initiative also focuses on improving reporting systems in our hospitals, as well as improving processes for communicating performance results.
- The Physician Excellence initiative focuses on designing and implementing a set of standard policies and procedures for governing hospital medical staff. This initiative is designed to provide a consistent model of governance and medical staff structure that supports quality of care, patient safety and documentation of physician excellence.
- Today’s nursing shortage is health care’s most pressing crisis, threatening access to care, affordability of care and clinical quality. The Nursing Excellence initiative is designed to make Valley Baptist Physician Network in nursing through a series of targeted initiatives. Among the most significant will be developing new approaches to nursing care delivery designed to improve the practice, resourcing and leadership of nursing.
- The Patient Throughput initiative is designed to promote improvement in the care delivery process at our hospital. We will study activities that make up the care delivery process and implement operational improvements and efficiencies intended to manage capacity and prevent delays, and result in enhanced patient, physician and staff satisfaction through a more uniform care experience.
A Commitment to Quality Pledge
Through our Commitment to Quality we will work to:
- Provide exceptional clinical care to every patient we serve
- Respect our patients, employees and affiliated physicians
- Maintain the highest ethical and clinical standards of care
- Enhance the practice and delivery of every aspect of patient care
- Safeguard the integrity and safety of our patients and employees
- Enhance physician and nurse leadership and medical staff governance
- Manage costs and resources efficiently
- Share knowledge and best practices with other healthcare providers