Bright Odei, MD
- Medical School: School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
- Residency: Southern Illinois University (SIU) Center for Family Medicine Springfield, IL
About the Provider
Dr. Odei is board certified Family Medicine physician that treats pediatrics, adults and elderly patients. Dr. Odei focuses on Pediatric health, Preventative Health, obesity and weight Management, Diabetes, Hypertension, COPD, women’s health and Geriatrics.
Prior to joining Valley Baptist Physician Network, he practiced Family Medicine in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Odei is a recipient of the Prestigious Dr. Harmon Award for Community Medicine in Illinois. He also pursues Medical missions in Ghana, West Africa.
The philosophy behind his practice of medicine is centered on patient-advocacy, comprehensive care and having a listening ear for the patient. Showing empathy to the patient is paramount. He believes in building long-lasting relationship with being attentive to their needs and concerns.
- Chronic conditions: COPD, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Physicals: work, school, sports
- Sick visits
- Skin conditions
- Smoking cessation
- Wellness visits
- Women’s well visits, excluding obstetrics care