Antonia Hernandez, MD
Sesame Family Clinic
707 W Sesame Dr.
Harlingen, TX 78550
Phone: (956) 423-8042
Fax: (956) 423-2907
- Residency: Family Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Medical School: University of Texas Medical Branch
About The Provider
Dr. Hernandez is a Family Medicine physician with eight years of experience. She treats patients of all ages with evidence based medical practices.
Dr. Hernandez focuses on an integrative approach to the care of pediatric, adult and geriatric patient populations. Prior to joining Valley Baptist Physician Network, her practice focused on the underserved population and rural setting. She is fluent in medical and conversational Spanish.
Philosophy of Care
“I recognize the importance of a strong physician-patient relationship and strive to build such a bond with each patient. I emphasize a team approach to patient care to accomplish shared goals, and I individualize each patient care plan to fit their individual needs. I practice with a strong belief in striving for excellence regardless of limitations while also understanding the unique challenges faced by each patient. I help patients overcome obstacles to optimize their overall health outcomes with the goal of reducing the risk of future adverse health problems.”
- Well visits and Immunizations
- Physicals – work, school, sports
- Women’s well visits – excluding obstetrics care
- Sick visits
- Pain management
- Minor injuries
- Chronic conditions – diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, COPD, asthma and more
- Skin conditions and wound care